Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bowling

Step one of traveling down another path - I was clueless. Lucky for me I don't have to wander around in circles, I have someone - or should I say someones (I don't think that's a word but it works) to help.

A wise friend, Frank, the interim Director of Student Ministies at CCV is helping me to navigate my journey. This week he used a great metaphor to help me understand what a small group facilitator does and how he is going to help me take that first step and the rest to follow.

Picture a bowling alley - without guidance the ball may or may not hit the pins and may or may not end up in the gutter. Add bumpers and the odds of hitting the pins increases to 100%.

I have been trying to hit the pins for a long time. Asking myself where my passion lies, where God needs me to serve and where I will land. Now that the bumpers are in place I am confident I will be able to answer those questions.

So .... step one ... I am taking 3 weeks off from my usual duties. Taking the time to regroup, refresh and renew. At the end I should be one step closer to answering my questions.

No comments: