Tuesday, July 22, 2008

1st summer happening - Ben and Katie

When Ben and Katie asked me to host a party to help them celebrate their wedding I was thrilled, honored and humbled. See Ben is like a son so I guess that makes Katie a daughter-in-law. Ben and Katie were married in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Many of us were unable to attend and they wanted share the joy of their marriage with friends here in PA. I couldn't provide sand or surf but we did have plenty of sun and heat!

Of course I didn't have to think about saying yes, that was a given, but shortly after saying yes I realized the date they picked was 2 days before CIY. Not to mention the fact that my oldest was off to Europe as soon as we got back from CIY. Yikes - can you say STRESS! All the food, planning, cleaning, decorating, evites, did I mention food and cleaning?

It all came together. Everyone brought their favorite side dish and I am currently working on a cookbook for the newlyweds! I promise Ben and Katie I will finish sometime before your 1st anniversary.

There were intense volley ball games, good eats, great conversations and plenty of fun. I think the day was a success.


I love you guys!

No comments: