Sunday, December 28, 2008

Depression hurts

I am sure you have seen the commercial about depression. You know the one that says "depression hurts". Well it does. It also affects all you do and everyone you interact with.

This has been a difficult time for me. I can dance all around looking for answers to why I am where I am but the answer is I am working my way through a darkness. My actual diagnosis is Bipolar Disorder but that is for another day when I am ready to be a little more transparent.

I've struggled with depression for a while. There are up times and down times. The holidays are always hard but this year seems to be even harder. I am not sure why and I may never know why.

I do know that there are four things that keep me going; God, my children, the knowledge that brighter days are ahead and good friends. The kind of friends who don't judge, who love me for who I am. Friends who are always there, who sense when things just aren't right and those friends who will spend a full day sending text messages back and forth. Thank you!

If you are struggling with depression reach out, seek a good therapist, surround yourself with people who care and RUN to God. He will hold you in his arms until you can stand on your own again.

No comments: